Beginner looking for best practices.

Hello all,I was reading the beginners page and I noticed some links outdated or invalid. I was hoping to get a little insight on current best practices for beginners. I'm looking to buy, want something that takes pictures / video. I really can't break the bank but want to try my hand at it.Can you recommend any copters that fit those qualifications? My price range is about 800 after all components purchased.Thanks,Austin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have a look at Gary McCray's new web site, DronesAreFun.com. I'll echo something you'll see there: Save yourself time, money and grief by buying a little "toy" class quad and learn to fly it. (Some of these, like the Hubsans, are quite capable little machines, with cameras even, within their limitations.) While you're doing that, save up just a bit more - while you might cobble something together for $800 it will be right on the edge of cheap-ass components here and there, Another $300 or so will do a lot. But not if you don't learn how to fly first, you'll just be spending it all on repairs.

• Oliver, 

Thanks for your reply, your help is appreciated. I'm looking at this hubsan to start. Is this a good model to start? 

Also, so I can properly prepare for future costs, what are you top 3 professional quadcopters?

Thanks again. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity