Big Crash testing my Quad. Can anybody help me?

Hello,

First of all, let me introduce my quad configuration and the crash details.
We have a Tarot T960 hexacopter configuration based on a APM 2.6. We have tested many times and it flies really stable.

This morning, we decided to do the first flight of a modification based on this frame, but in this case, just with 4 arms, in quad configuration. The controller in this flight test was a pixhawk with APM 3.2 version.

We were testing loiter mode in order to measure the time autonomy with a new battery ( Multistar 10000maH). It was stable and after 3 minutes of flight, something happened and drone fell free and crashed.

I have downloaded the log, but after analysing it, I can not figure what happened and which was the problem.

Please I need your help in order to determine which problems we had in order to not commit the same mistakes.

Thank you!!

* I recorded the crash, so I will update the topic with the link of the video. Probably it helps in the analysis.

*I have attached the log file.

2016-03-24 12-30-27.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you everyone for the help, it is very useful for me.

Here you can watch the video I uploaded a few hours ago. Probably it can show us more details about the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j67Sb6-OR1w

• GLUP!!!

• See that you are in nice loiter and at the end droll and roll separate, your hardware couldn't follow what controller was asking for, that'common mechanical failure log.

3702211738?profile=original

• It looks like at 41,000 it started to roll right and pitch up.  The flight controller cut all power to motor number 3 to gain level altitude but it continued to roll.  It increased power to the other three motors so I would say it was motor number 4 that had the problem.

• It's look's like a hardware fail, check your motors, esc props, perhaps motor nº3 

• Thank you for the info Cala. Really fast reply :D

I would like to learn more about logging and how I can check failures. Could you please tell me how did you see this problem?

Thanks!

• A la noche te posteo unas fotos

This reply was deleted.

Activity