Blade question, dead horse beat once more...

Hey guys, new to the site and I'm trying to find my way around here. I'm working on designing a hexacopter with the APM2.5 fully loaded (sonar/bar, airspeed, optical flow, FPV, OSD), and capable of 5-10lbs of cargo capacity. The frame I'm currently looking at supports up to a 15" blade and I wanted to make sure I was getting all the right parts in mind for this to work as I want. First goal is to have the lift for this thing to be a blur at top speed, similar to this video:

http://youtu.be/cHuF-uN8kmE

If my understanding is correct I should be looking in the realm of 1000kV with a 12" blade, right?

Also, It's my understanding that on a 7 channel controller, only one is available for the user to play with. If I wanted to control a lighting system, camera systems, and "weapon" systems, then I would needs 3 aux channels right? the lights I really just want on/off control for blackout purposes, the camera system on/off of IR, and capture image (shutter).  The camera will most likely be a gopro. For the "weapons" I wanted to select and fire, (ie, PWM to select mode, then a release switch)

I have some arduino experience but coding drones is a new category for me. My next question is can I use a 7 channel or do I need an 8 channel to complete my goals? with that, can I use a spektrum remote (7x or 8x) to complete these requirements? I've never used these controllers so I'm sorry for the noob questions, but hey, we all start somewhere ;)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh, well, I found my blade and motor, I'll be using a turnigy 16 turn 1050kv with at 10x4.7  blade, I'm assuming that a 4S battery would be best suited for me yes?

• the more I look at it, the more I think I'm going to just get another atmega and use an xbee bridge to a hand controller for my accessories.  So if someone could just help me out with either a confirmation or a link to a useful blade/motor combinations for speeds I should be ready to move on

This reply was deleted.

Activity