Hello everyone,While I am very pleased with my ardupilot mega 2. I am also very annoyed by the diode on the output rail that has shorted out twice on me. I already went through the repair process once, only to have the diode go out again after only a few more weeks of use.(btw 3dr has been very helpful)But the fact remains that the diode has been unreliable for me and I don't want to be grounded again for a month.My question is the following: can I power the output rail through my esc, then power my receiver from the output rail and then use the receiver to power the input rail which feeds the rest of the board? I already tried it, and it works, I'm just curious if there could be any ill effects. I measured a couple of random voltage points and everything seemed in order. I currently have the jumper on, would it be better without it. I am a relative newbie to circuit boards, but in my simple view I'm just bypassing the diode and going through the radio receiver. Please share your thoughts.Cisco

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok, heres some follow up.

So far everything is ok. I did however find out that you have to supply exactly 5 volts, if not the some of the sensors will not work properly, like gps, airspeed sensor. I discovered that my esc was supplying 5.65 volts. Im pretty sure this is what caused my diodes to burn out to begin with. If you haven't checked your voltage in with a decent voltmeter, you really should. For those of you with fried diodes looking for a quick workaround to a burned out diode this works if you supply exactly 5 volts... Of course do this at your own risk. Comments anyone?
This reply was deleted.

Activity