Calibrating Accelerometer on Pixhawk with Arducopter

I am installing a new Pixhawk in a quad and trying to calibrate the accelerometer. I have attempted this now at least a dozen times but each time it fails. The reason seems to be that the process is being disturbed by the constant stream of error messages, "Compass" not calibrated, "Bad AHRS", "RC not calibrated", various pre-arm check errors, and so on. I am doing the setup in the same way as I have done many times before and not had this problem until the latest firmware for both Mission Planner and Arducopter. Is there a way to disable these error messages until the initial setup process has been completed?

If the error messages are not the cause of the calibration failures as I am suspecting can someone suggest please what the cause may be?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think you need to describe your procedure in more detail for anyone to help. The message you indicate all are telling you that some of the calibrations have not been completed. In addition to the accelerometer you need to cal the compass and the radio. So what happens when you try and calibrate the accelerometer? You put the aircraft on all it's "sides" and go through the cal does it complete? Have you completed the other calibrations? You can disable pre-arm checks but that is not interfering with the completion of the accelerometer cal.

This reply was deleted.

Activity