Cameras with indefinite shooting

I am looking for a compact camera which will take shots indefinitely until the card is full. I have a pentax which will do this by holding down the trigger and it takes shots every few seconds, however i am not happy with the quality compaired to a fugi i have so am looking for something else.
I am trying to avoid adding a servo to trigger the shutter.
Can anyone recommend some cameras which will do this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have been using the Panasonic DMC-FP3. Works great for doing stills in the air. I have a paperclip bent just right to hold the button down during my flights. I have only used it once so far for stills (videos most of the time while I'm testing.)
    There are other Panasonic cameras that work too, but I have found the best way to test for continuous shutter is to go to a store that has one, slip in a SD card and try it. You can also look at the specification of lots of cameras at http://www.dpreview.com

Also a side note that the exposure will adjust as it is shooting, but the focus is fixed to the first frame shot. So make sure you are pointing the camera at something far enough away to get proper focus, the ground is not far enough :).
    Digital Photography Review
    Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography foru…
  • The GoPro is maybe another alternative for this with various time settings and an option to run until full, with stop or overwrite.
  • Any canon power shot will do this with the CHDK firmware loaded on it.  You can run scripts that are extremely flexible.

Search for CHDK.

This reply was deleted.

Activity