I am wondering if you can hover a QuadX with APM2.0 in Stabilize mode, without GPS 3D fix and without magnetic declination? No sonar, just baro. Let's consider a hovering inside a building with metal walls and ceiling when GPS signal is not possible.

If no, could you please explain?

It is the same consider for both Arducopter 2.8.1 and 2.9.1?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  
    I'd be interested in knowing how you got on with this?
    I'm not far off building a Multicopter to be used as an indoor inspection tool. Where we'll be going is a huge indoor space, metal wall, very little lighting. Most of the lighting will be provided by high intensity lighting on the machine itself.

I was thinking about using the APM 2.5 as the Flight Controller, we would probably fit sonar, I'd like some sort of position hold and the 'Optical Flow' might be a solution. I'm going to be trying to video up to 30 metres up and a couple of meters away from the walls.

Anyone had any experience doing this kind of work? Since I use the APM in my own Multicopters and planes I'm familar enough with the hardware, but its all been flying outside :) Do the accellerometers provide any level of position hold in release 2.9 of the software withouth GPS?

This reply was deleted.

Activity