can someone consult me?

i need to build longrange FPV. It's a volunteer project and i'm looking for and expert in this area.
I'm going to use RV Jet as a plane. But I do not know anything about FPV.
Requirements: Range 20km. 30x zoom. 3 hours of fly (if its possible to have 4 that would be perfect) and platform to use on the ground.
P.S.: I would be happy to pay for consulting.
My best regards,
Valera

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Without any knowledge on FPV, a budget of 5K USD, a plane and a groundstation, I would call this "mission impossible"

As Iskess mentioned, you will need a Mugin or Hugin, Autopilot, data radio, long range RC control, video camera, gimbal,  TX and RX, Antenna tracker, video monitor, high mast and directional antenna's, etc.

From my experience, triple your budget and you have a chance.

Sorry to sound a bit negative, but better to let you know the reality. I have built similar platforms successfully, and used about 30K USD for 2 planes and 1 ground station.

• The RV Jet is too small to carry enough batteries for that endurance. You need a very high aspect ratio glider type wing. Actually, I think the easiest way to get to the 3+ hour mark is using a gas engine. What's your budget?
    • my budget is $5k. But will i be able to record video with gas engine?

• Yes, you can certainly record video with a gas engine. I think you need a Mugin.
This reply was deleted.

Activity