CAN'T ARM MOTORS

I build a quadcopter using a carbon fiber frame and Pixhawk I bought in 2014.

Using Mission Planner 1.3.37 and APM:Copter V3.3.3.

All calibrations successful, no Pre Arm failure message, Pixhawk led blinking green.

But not able to Arm at all.

The radio I am using is an FS-THX9 with the 9Xtreme upgrade, in radio and flight modes calibration everything looks fine.

I even try a Pixhawk clone with same results.

Disabling the arming check just to try, same results.

I do not know where to look for.

Tried left yaw nothing.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• the safe button is working?

• Thanks for your quick reply!!!!!!

Before I read your reply I took the propellers off and start playing with the RT, when moving the right stick to the down-right position it try to arm, the Safety switch warning show up, turning the safety switch on and trying again the motors arm.

I have 3 things I want to fix;

- Arm with the left stick as usual not the right one. ( I am using Mode 2)

- How to arm with the Safety switch off ( I know there is a way).

- How to make the motors not move as soon as armed, I want the motors only move when I move the throttle up.

There is a big issue with the compass, having the quad sitting in the table at the backyard the GPS had a fix like a rock, I received a call on my cell phone and while talking by chance look at the Mission Planner and the quad start moving to the East, when I hang up the last position was 100 yards away and start moving to the right position, in 3 seconds was back.

After see that I start moving around the laptop the cell phone and the transmitter, the quad in mission planner start changing positions like 8 yards around the real point.

I hope that does not happen when in the air.

• There is a param to make motors not spin when armed to disable, something like mot spin armed or something like that looks at full params list.

Go outside with your copter and laptop, put your copter at reasonable distance from you, your laptop, cell, and any other metal thing and check compass again, if not pointing correct and move, fix first to fly.

• Thank you!!!!!!!! , just tested now and works fine.

Motor spin when armed and safety switch disabled.

Placed the quad 4 yards away from everything and compass worked fine.

Fly like a charm with 20mph winds today.

• You calibrate  esc?

This reply was deleted.

Activity