Can't change mode from transmitter?

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if this question has an obvious solution, but I'm stumped. I wired up my APM 2.5 with a Bixler 2 for the first time this morning and have been trying to learn my way around the technology on the bench. My problem is that when I throw the switch assigned to Channel 5, I can see the change register on the Flight Modes Configuration page... but the APM flight mode does not change, and remains wherever it was last set. The only way I can change it is by using the Set Mode option on the Flight Data page.

I'm using a FlySky FS T-6 transmitter and receiver and the 3DR GPS, power module, and telemetry kit. I've been testing everything via the telemetry link. The transmitter only has two-position switches, so I've assigned the Channel 5 switch to 1-3 Stabilize and 4-6 Manual. The APM is talking to APM Planner 2 just fine; the only problem seems to be with changing the flight mode.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've been trying to debug this issue. The code has a complicated system of switches that enable and disable auto mode under various conditions, and the specific one I have a problem with (after fixing everything else) is called 'filt_status.flags.const_pos_mode'. That flag is set by another complicated set of switches (inside the EKF code). It looks like the intention is to ensure that there's either a GPS lock or optical flow data available, but I think there may be a bug that causes it to prevent auto mode unless there's an optical flow sensor. I've had to modify the last line of the position_ok() function in sensors.pde to

return (filt_status.flags.horiz_pos_abs);// && !filt_status.flags.const_pos_mode);

because I wanted to test some auto mode functions without GPS or optical flow.

• I have the same issue here.

My transmitter is sending the correct signals through channel 5 and they are being mapped on APM Planner (green highlighting when I change switch position) but there's no effect on flight modes on the Pixhawk.

Any ideas?

• Hey I'm having the equivalent issue - did you figure it out? 

thanks

gabriella

This reply was deleted.

Activity