I just soldered my APM up that I got from DIY Drones (Thing has been kicking around for many months).
I am getting an error message
"Cant detect your APM version. Please check your cabling"
FTDI drivers installed properly and on the correct comm port, I have deleted and it re-installs the drivers no problem. Using Windows 7 fully updated. Just can't get the Mission Planner (APMPlanner1.1.63-32.msi) to load the firmware into the APM. I am going to go over all of the solder joints with the iron just to make sure, they look fine however.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am having a similar situation.

when i connect the USB it shows up in my device manager as "USB Serial port (COM5)" with "set RTS on close" ticked. the LEDS both blue and red come on and the rx / tx lights flash once. when i use the mission planner to upload firmware the TX light flashes rapidly then blinks every few seconds them comes back with "Cant detect APM version. Check your cabling." When i try to "Connect" it times out. when i try to upload any code using the Arduino IDE it just stays on :Uploading" for a long time then times out (the TX light flashes every few seconds).

I have checked all of my soldered joints and re-flowed them (3 times)

tried a different USB cable

updated my .net Framework (win 7 64 bit)

tried a different computer (win vista 64, ubuntu 10 lucid 64)

tried uploading with my radio equipment attached

tried both CLI switch positions

what am i missing?

• Yes got it thanks!!  If anyone every get the same error message check your soldering!!!!  I accidentally jumped two pins together, what a rookie I am! Thanks Chris.  I am really excited.....

• 3D Robotics

Try a different USB cable and, if possible, another PC. If that doesn't do it, you've probably made a soldering error. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity