Changing PWM Frequency for Servo Rail Output

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to set up a quadcopter right now, and realize that I only have 50Hz ESCs. I've probed the outputs when using the standard quadcopter frame with the Pixhawk and found that it outputs 400Hz signals. I can tell that the frequency mismatch is giving me issues when trying to send throttle setpoints to the ESC, so is there a way for me to change the output PWM frequency from 400Hz to 50Hz?

Also, although I realize that multirotors conventionally use 400Hz, I don't have the resources to buy 4 more ESCs, so I'll need to make do with what I have. Can anyone give me some pointers into how I should best change the frequency?

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can look into the RC_SPEED setting in arducopter. I believe this is what you are looking for.
  • Hi , 

I have the same problem. have you managed to change the ESC F rate ? 

• Hi James, thanks for letting me know. I wasn't actually able to find said parameter on QGroundControl using a quad configuration. Is this parameter exclusive to certain standard firmwares, frames, or control stations (eg. Mission Planner)?

• 8 ESCs for 8 motors makes sense

8 x 50Hz = 400Hz

so your autopilot can control 8 PWM channels in parallel and is clocked at 50Hz

• Not sure you understood what I meant. I was referring to the output PWM frequency that drives my ESCs being 400Hz and I want them to be 50Hz.

This reply was deleted.

Activity