Changing UART0 on APM2.5

Just got an APM 2.5, but unfortunately without the DF-13 to XBee connector that was supposed to come with all APM2.5's.

While assembling the board, I noticed that the new DF-13 port is marked as UART0, but there are also four normal pin sockets/holes on the other side of the board that are also marked as UART0. I could easily solder pins into these that my XBee connector would fit onto.

Is there a way to disable the DF-13 port and use the other pins as UART0 so I can get XBee telemetry working again without needing a converter cable? Can it be done in software or does it require some hardware change?

I am no hardware expert so you may need to speak slowly :).

Oh - and the DF-13 ports keep getting referred to as 6-pin ports, but on my board, they only have 5 pins, other than the "mystery" port. Not sure if this is a problem? My ports match the picture in the online store for APM 2.5, so I guess that's ok.

Cheers

James

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I used the Uart0 on the edge of the board you have indicated in red for my XBee.

Jack

• Which ports/connectors did you guys use for the PDB as well as the XBee?

There seems to be UART0/2 with the automux on the output side. There is also a UART 0 on the edge of the board.

Here is my post with some of the pictures of the board.

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/connecting-apm2-5-hardware

• James

I also had the same issue have ordered the conectors but in the mean time I soldered the pins in the uart0 were you indicated and all works great. No need to disable in software because if nothing pluged into the DF-13 port there is no conflict. My XBee works great there.

Jack

This reply was deleted.

Activity