CHDK usb trigger

Hi,

I have a Canon S100 with CHDK, the E-flite EFLA600, Sparkfun step-up board and this cable http://www.kapshop.com/p274/Canon-11-pin-for-CHDK/SDM-and-Video-out/product_info.html

I have soldered and connected to Pixhawk. I can measure 3.3v pulses from the output pins of the Pixhawk.

The camera will fire when I disconnect the main Lipo battery. But I can’t get it to fire from Mission Planner.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

3691224311?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Doesn't look to me that this will work Walter...literature says it needs to be powered by both 3.3 and 5v sources.  What I want is the 3.3 v pulse turned into the 5v I need to trigger my 330hs running chdk KAP script.

The addition of even a tiny bec seems wasteful, since there has to be a 5v source for the receiver on my iris.  Hate to take it apart, but looks like I'm going to have top and bottom covers off to get this setup. I'll measure the amps off the receiver power lead and go from there.

• T3

I can confirm that the 5V which powers the receiver is sufficient to trigger CHDK, I have flown with it.  The RC IN slot goes to the receiver, and I ran a cable from another slot on the receiver to AUX 5.  This brought 5V to the servo rail, and it ran 5V down the red wire of my AUX 6 cable.  Worked like a charm.

• Much Obliged Stephan! So why do I need to do more than to take +5 from the RX center pin rail to the center pin rail on the pixhawk, and another jumper from RX - rail to the Pixhawk - rail?  Don't understand why you are using two servo cables.

I've got some jumpers with single molex connectors, think I'll use those to get +5 to the center rail on the Pixhawk..Hott dignity...!

Then like Kevin did, I'll bite the bullet and buy the TUFFWING cable. I'd like to get the video cable Kelvin bought as well, for some special shooting I'd like to do with my Elph 330HS. Of course I'll need to buy another gimbal (I'm using a mapping mount setup now..camera pointed straight down)

Gawd this payload is getting expensive... started with "on the shelf" and I've got bits and bobs all over the place. CHDK is certainly fascinating tho... wow.

• Just tried to connect my iris' pic hawk pin 52 to a sparkfun step up board (1702) with the ground leads on the same pin per the schematic...also a no go. I've got too many variables right now, so I'm going the get that kap cable and find a 5 volt source (maybe I'll use the lead to the receiver) 

Hope this will give sufficient amps to trigger chdk. That being said, I cannot get cam trigger type to stay set as relay, which likely is another issue preventing success. Arrgh.

• I bit the bullet and ordered the Tuffwing cable.

About cam trigger type, when you go to Gimbal settings in Mission Planner cam trigger type will switch back to servo. Guess it's a bug.

• Big surprise (the "bug")

I was triggering the camera with an old moto phone charger plugged into a powerstrip.  Just flip the switch for roughly a half second... and it snaps the shot. So that variable is checked off as "OK"

This reply was deleted.

Activity