CN06 3D Fix in MP, not with battery [SOLVED!]

Hi all,

I've done plenty of searching for a solution for my problem, but to no avail.

Here's the situation: I have an APM 2.6 with CN06 gps with Mag unit from RCTimer. I'm running ArduPlane 3.0.1 on a genuine 3RD board. When I hook up to Mission Planner via USB, the 3D Fix indicator on the HUD shows up in less than a minute. Also, the green led on the GPS board flashes indicating lock. The map updates and shows my position accurately. 

I disconnect, remove the usb connection, and immediately (after about 10 seconds or so) plug in the battery. Once the APM is on battery power (4s, running through the 3DR power module), there are 0 satellites. The GPS board's led stays solid indicating no lock, and the APM's blue led continues to flash awaiting GPS lock.

I've also just now tried removing the power module and powering the APM via a 5v 2A ubec...still no lock.

What really bothers me is that it seems to work sometimes, but not always. For example, I could test it tonight and verify it all works great, then tomorrow am, the GPS may, or may not lock on the first flight. After switching out batteries for a second flight, there may or may not be GPS lock. I have this happen last weekend. I only got 1 flight in with GPS...

Is it maybe a battery supply timing issue? Is it a firmware issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, I was able to fix my own problem!

After hours of frustration and a few choice words directed at the GPS, I finally updated the firmware on the APM to ArduPlane 3.1.0.

The updated firmware had a 3D fix in mere seconds after connecting the battery. All is right in the world...

This reply was deleted.

Activity