Looking at motors for a hexa build based on the ST800 frame which is a lot like a Tarot T810. In looking around, I have narrowed the list to two motors. The only significant difference I can find is cost. I would appreciate any input here on this. Here are the links. I am sure you guys are all familiar with both motors. Thanks in advance!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-4114-320KV-6S-Hexa-Quad-Multi-copter-Brushless-Motor-TL100B08-01-Black-/141204963548?_trksid=p2054897.l5660

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__45281__4114_320KV_Turnigy_Multistar_Multi_Rotor_Motor_With_3_5mm_Bullet_Connector.html

I REALLY HATE to order from Hobby King again after their last shipping issue. I doubt they have these motors in the US warehouse. I just posted this link up there because I had it open. If the Turnigy motors are equivalent to the Tarot motors, I'll find them somewhere else and order them there.

BTW these will be swinging 15" CF props with twin 6S and 40A ESCs.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dont buy any multistar, their motors die too soon, you will loose 1000USD while saving 10USD

my multistar died on octo, also my octo!

tarot is good, sunnysky is also good

multistar esc s cut motor, I had reflash them

also multistar batteries die sooner.

• I'm in a similar situation, but I'm also looking at the Turnigy Multistar 4108-380KV. The Tarot and the Turnigy 4114-320KV are very similar....... about the same internal resistance (which is the component that generates heat) and the same weight. Turnigy claims to use quality bearings. I would assume that Tarot also has good bearings. If you look at the picture, you will see that the windings look much more tidy on the Tarot which means that they will use less space for the same number of turns. However, I don't know if this has any practical effects. I have not found any performance data on the Turnigy. I would like to see that if anyone has it.

I agree with you on the shipping status from HK. I have two orders there now and for the first one the payment was approved on the 16th of May. The tracking number is still not traceable!!

But they have good prices and is one of the few that has a very good selection of batteries.

This reply was deleted.

Activity