Composite airframe

I have looked at some airframes and alsmost none of the ARF kits fits the Drone profile to me.

I have never thought that I would find myself in a situation to construct a custom airframe so I looked around for airframes constructed for UAV's and I found something perfect for the job it can be seen at http://www.uavfactory.com/ made completely from composite I do not know what the cost is but judging from this page http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/category/UAVF/Fixed-Wing-UAV-RPV-UAS.html and the pricing of the little penguin's friends I would say that is far more than the general hobbyist can afford.

So I have never worked with composite but fibreglass is not so hard my question would be what would the" way to go" be to construct such a airframe one idea is to turn the actual fuselage in wood to use as a mould to construct the composite the puzzling part to me is the wing itself how is something like that constructed is the something that keeps it in that form on the inside.

I would aprecciate any advice from anybody who can help.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Between 3 and 5 hours in the air I know this sounds extreme, I have a idea to update waypoints at a further range.
  • Duration is the idea I don't know if a powerplant can be ran but that's the basic idea
  • Come to think if it is the v tail really needed I'm looking at something with a pusher prop for that particular model it will have to be a fuel based system.

I have always liked the predator design but the flaw there is the small fuselage and it's not fuel based.
  • The size will have to be smaller than the penguin.

@johann can silicone moulding work as for the design I can have it designed in cad.

Why do you want a custom airframe Danny?? If your going for something the size of the Penguin its hardly going to be a hobby UAS.

This reply was deleted.

Activity