Hi, 
This is my first post, i haven't bought anything yet.

i'm a little confused as to what controls the machine. at the moment my understanding is that the software uploads my flight plan to the hardware.. and then it requires no external control to complete this flight (all on board).. unless i choose to control via remote control? which i don't even need to buy?

Ideally as i can't fly (even though i've been through simulator training - i still crashed my mates quad) it would be perfect if i can simply set a take off and landing point.. with waypoints in between. is this what happens? is it receiving radio controls at all?

Thanks folks.
Lee

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi lee

to my knowledge (im sure i'll be corrected) the quad can be flown without an traditional transmitter. however, you will need the wireless telemetry kit to connect the quad to your laptop. the flight path (take off, way points and landings) are all sent to the quad wirelessly and it will carry out its journey with a click of a mouse!

however, im not sure if i would send my £500+ quad off into the distance without having some way of bringing it back manually should something go wrong : ) 

This reply was deleted.

Activity