Co-Ordinate Fun

Hi allI'm DIYing a basic stamp autopilot (i know not new but want to sort of integrate it myself for the sake of it) and just wanted to run my co-ordinate system by some of you guys to confirm it will work.Basically I just drop off the higher parts of the degrees figure (ie 115deg becomes 5deg) and then add on decimal versions of minutes and seconds. So 115deg 30min 10 sec would be come 65016 does that make sense? If waypoints are specified in the same maner then as far as i can tell that will work fine.If there is a better soloution that fits accurate co-ords within the max value of 65535 in a basic stamp I'd be greatful if someone pointed it out.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's a link to some code on how to calculate a heading based on two GPS coordinates. It's made for the multiple slot BS2s since it takes quite a bit of code to work around the 16 bit processor. I haven't tested it in any sort of real system, but it worked with the values that I put in. It was designed for a ground vehicle, but it should work equally as well for aerial.

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=5&m=311164
  • 3D Robotics
    That's similar to what we did with Basic Stamp. You can find code and other stuff in this tutorial series.
This reply was deleted.

Activity