I am flying apm 2.5 with external gps/compass on a spider quad with ac3.1.3 x-quad config. I did the "arm for 15 seconds then hover for 45 seconds" portion of the autotune. then i launched with gps lock in stabilize mode went to about 5m alt set to althold and activated autotune on ch7. When the dance was finished i moved the quad around a bit and tried to bring it back to land disarm and lock in the settings. As i was moving to land the quad just pitched to the rear and fell out of the sky. Wasnt running telemetry but did pull the .log. Can anyone make sense of what happened? Also i ran the "Log Analyzer" and it gave me this:
Log File C:/Program Files (x86)/Mission Planner/logs/2014-05-02 11-44-44.log
Size (kb) 633.1982421875
No of lines 12862
Duration 5 days, 16:50:35
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version V3.1.3
Firmware Hash aefeb38b
Hardware Type APM 2
Free Mem 1167
Skipped Lines 0

Test: Brownout = FAIL - Truncated Log? Ends while armed at altitude 5.28m
Test: Compass = PASS - No MAG data, unable to test mag_field interference

Test: Dupe Log Data = PASS -
Test: Empty = PASS -
Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERR found: GPS_GLITCH
Test: GPS = FAIL - GPS glitch errors found (8)
Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 1.47
Test: Parameters = PASS -
Test: PM = PASS -
Test: Pitch/Roll = PASS -
Test: Underpowered = PASS -
Test: VCC = WARN - VCC min/max diff 0.389v, should be <0.3v I will attach the .log file below. Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is the third crashed frame with this apm.

2014-05-02 11-44-44.log.xml

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• completely disassembled the quad an inspected each connection bit by bit.  the most suspect connection in respect to the power system is the power harness from the power module to the apm.  it has been tugged and pulled many times being mounted on several different models in its life.  I  will be ordering a new harness. in the meantime i will reassemble and test using good old fashioned countdown timer to monitor my voltage. hope to return with good news.

• photo of the suspect wiring

3702489516?profile=original

• noticed the log analyzer showed:

Test: Brownout = FAIL - Truncated Log? Ends while armed at altitude 5.28m

-----the apm is powered through the 3dr power module and the 3s 4400mah lipo still had 11.4v left after recovery

and:

Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERR found: GPS_GLITCH 
    Test: GPS = FAIL - GPS glitch errors found (8)
    Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 1.47

-----not sure what to think about this because i was in a open field with a clear sky

the next flight will be logged by using telemetry and on screen recording through mission planner on the laptop

• Mine did that last weekend and it turn out to be a bad connection on a bullet connecter on one of my motors.
    • i have replaced the broken arm and tested the motors...all is working.  i guess that if one of the connectors were bad it would show on the test.  Just to be sure i will go back and reflow the bullet connectors. They were all pretty dang tight.  did you have to replace any of them on yours?

• Did you program the esc for NIMH?
    • Yes I followed the setup on the arducopter page
  • Forgot equipment used:
    Apm2.5 fw3.1.3
    3dr power module
    915mhz telemetry
    Gps with external compass
    Sunnysky 2212 1400kv
    40a esc non simonk
    9x4.7 props
    Taranis tx
    D8rII+ rx