Crashed today !!!

Hi Guy's I had a crash today with my skywalker. It has never battered an eyelid at anything I have thrown at it and has flown many missions without a hiccup. Today I went for a fly at my usual haunt. I uploaded an auto flight with 4 waypoints (I have flown these waypoints before) and hand launched after waiting approximately 5 minutes for the GPS fix. I flew around for a minute or two whilst I positioned the goggles on my head and when they where on I flicked through stabilise to Auto. Once it went into Auto the engine reved up and the skywalker banked slightly to the left (to get on track) and pitched down violently, I tried to pull up but it did not respond at all, I went to Manual mode and by that time it was too late.

I did notice my airspeed went nuts but it was windy around 6 Knts variable. Also the HUD was not reflecting my pitched down angle, Also Ignore the Voltage on the screen, The Voltage has not been calibrated.

I have attached my .tlog, .log amd kmz file for everyone to look at. I have had a look but I can't decipher the logs. Also attached the FPV video as well as the Wing cam.

Another thing I noticed in the kmz file was showing I was flying in yellow stabilise but in actual fact I was in manual which should have been orange. the green in the middle of the yellow and blue reflects me going through Stabilise green to get to Auto black but the kmz shows me going into RTL which is blue. The OSD reflects me going into manual, taking off, flying then going through stabilise to get to auto, I never hit RTL ?

I hope it was something I have done because it was going so well and this was just unexpected.

Any info would be appreciated.

I will upload the Video's as soon as they get to youtube.

Regards

Adrian3691040264?profile=original

2013-07-16 12-41 1.kmz

2013-07-16 11-18-49.tlog

2013-07-16 12-41 1.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK. I have wired the entire model back up and in stabilise, RTL, Auto, FBWA  only the ailerons respond to the mag, the elevator in Stabilise,FBWA and RTL do not work at all but I can manipulate it via the remote, in AUTO and RTL the elevator locks half way down and I can not manipulate it. 

Basically the elevator Mag is dead as far as I can tell. I was stupid and did not check it before takeoff but id did work yesterday. 

Should I reset the board and re apply the firmware ? What could cause this. I am not one of those tinker's who plug and play with settings. I have only charged the battery's since the last time I flew.

• Here is the Video.

http://youtu.be/IKkI-cAxGhY

This reply was deleted.

Activity