Replies

• Hi Pete

The device is set to dsPIC30F4011, I set that last week when I first started, hopefully someone will recognise or understand the error message as I am exhausted

Thank you for the advice
    Kind regards
    Jonny
  • Hi Pete

I downloaded the C compiler as instructed but the build is still failing?????????????????????

Anyone else had this message?

Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\MatrixPilot-2_0_3\MatrixPilot.mcp' started.
    Language tool versions: pic30-as.exe v3.23, pic30-gcc.exe v3.23, pic30-ld.exe v3.23, pic30-ar.exe v3.23
    Wed Mar 24 20:58:01 2010
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
    Clean: Done.
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=30F4011 -x c -c "analog2digital.c" -o"analog2digital.o" -Werror
    Microchip MPLAB C30 License Manager Version v3_23 (Build Date Jan 15 2010).
    Copyright (c) 2008 Microchip Technology Inc. All rights reserved.
    The installed license is invalid for this device.
    pic30-coff-cc1.exe: error: Your license is invalid for the device selected.
    Select an appropriate device, or acquire the correct license.
    Visit http://www.microchip.com/ to purchase a new key.
    Halting build on first failure as requested.
    Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\MatrixPilot-2_0_3\MatrixPilot.mcp' failed.
    Language tool versions: pic30-as.exe v3.23, pic30-gcc.exe v3.23, pic30-ld.exe v3.23, pic30-ar.exe v3.23
    Wed Mar 24 20:58:02 2010
    BUILD FAILED
  • Hi all

Many thanks for all your support, I understand that the information I have supplied is rather limited, this was deliberate as I did not want to bore everyone into skipping the post, so here is a complete description of my calamity.

I bought the PicKit2 complete with 2 CD's, one was pickit2 installation sofware, the other was the MPlab 8.30 which I thought was the one to have as a patch was required fore the other versions.

I dowloaded MatrixPilot but am not sure if it needs unzipping as I canot find any requirement for this?
    I have configured options.h to fit my airframe
    I opened Mplab and set it to RELEASE
    I have selected PIcKIt2 as the programming device
    I have tried to build but get this message

Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\MatrixPilot-2_0_3\MatrixPilot.mcp' started.
    Wed Mar 24 11:15:08 2010
    Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
    Clean: Done.
    Couldn't locate build tool. Check tool locations.
    Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\MatrixPilot-2_0_3\MatrixPilot.mcp' failed.
    Wed Mar 24 11:15:08 2010
    BUILD FAILED

I have been following everyones success with the Uav Dev Board so I am quite frustrated with my lack of achievement, especially at such an early stage,

All replies are very much appreciated

Regards
    Jonny
  • Hi Riccardo
    Many thanks for trying to help but my problems are starting well before your tuition starts, I cannot get mplab to open matrixnav?
    When I try to build i get build failed, no source code? or could not find build tools!
  • Hi Pete
    Thank you for the reply, very nice setup, expertly done!

However I have the PICkit2 programmer? I have read getting started with pic programming several times but this only describes the procedure for the ICD2 as in your video

It would be helpful if someone who uses the pickit2 could describe the process in similar detail.

Regards
    Jonny
  • Hi all

Would anyone be so kind as to describe the procedure for programming the UDB with the picKit2 programmer, I have successfully downloaded the pickit2v2.50 and the mplab ide v8.30 and both are working fine, I cannot find reference to the procedure anywhere.
  • Hi Billu

I am unsure on a couple of points in regard to configuring the UDB for my airframe.
    I have set the #define_ rudder navigation 1 and the
    #define aileron_navigation 0

Do I also have to set define roll_stabilization to 0? I currently have it set to #define roll_stabilization 1.

Allso how will the Dev board controll roll, do I use a Y lead?

If I set the #define AILERON_OUTPUT_CHANNEL CHANNEL_UNUSED

will the code then ignore the

#define ROLLKP 0.25
    #define ROLLKD 0.125
    #define YAWKP_AILERON 0.100
    #define YAWKD_AILERON 0.2
    #define AILERON_BOOST 1.0

Kind regards
    Jonny
  • Hi Bill

Many thanks for the quick reply, if I had been less lazy and just opened the folder! I found the optionns.h file and have started to configure for my airframe, everything seems to be working quite well so far but I expect I shall have a harder time when I progress to waypoints and trimming. I have made quite a trick isolation mount to install the board, this will then be permanently mounted inside the fuselage so I think I will need an extention cable to plug in the programmer externally for making alterations and uploading waypoints.

I was wondering how the IMU will handle bad weather? particularly wind!

Kind regards
    Jonny
  • Billu,

Would you be so kind as to answer a few questions regarding the green UDB.
    I would like to configure this board to fly a 3 cannel ( elevator, rudder, throttle ) polyheral glider

I have aquired a pickit2 programmer and intalled it on the laptop together with the MPLAB IDE 8.3

which program would you reccomend, matrixpilot?

If matrixpilot is used, what do I do with the aileron output as I can't seem to find any setup procedure for this particular application

Also can the ublox GPS be used with the old green board

Kind regards
    Jonny
  • Hi Chris,

I use the Turnigy Plush ESCs (18A and 30A) with the UDB, so I know they will work OK. You might be on the very edge of the throttle range.

When the ESC doesn't arm, are you getting a constant beep-beep-beep-beep... from the motor? If so, you might try setting the range. For the Turnigy Plush, you set the throttle to full, turn on the power, and expect to hear two beeps from the motor. At that point, lower the throttle to minimum, and you should get the normal start up beeps.

Good luck,
    Rusty
This reply was deleted.

Activity