DJI F450 Beginner

Hi all,

I am completely new to the world of quadcopters. I have flown a few phantoms but nothing on the level of building my own from a kit and configuring it to actually work. So, that said I have quite a few questions that are most likely stupid. However, I did not know the correct search terms to use to find results.

My setup is ideally going to a DJI F450 with stock motors and props (for now, graupners coming later) with the Naza lite controller. My controller/receiver will be the Turnigy 9x with the 8ch receiver that comes with it. With 6 inch legs to provide support for my gimbal and gopro 3.

Here is where the questions come in:

1) I understand that I need a battery (duh) but am unclear on what the connections are on said battery. What type of connector do I need for the battery to be able to power my quad? is a 3s or 4s recommended, I want long steady flights, I do not need fast movement.

2) What are these "gains" I hear about in videos? And how do I change them?

3) Maybe related to 2 but not sure. How do I program the Naza lite?

4) I have read mixed things about the Naza lite with a gimbal. Can it or can it not adjust the angle of the gimbal?

Thanks in advance and sorry if some of my questions are easily answered, I'm just beginning.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Activity