Drone sinks when put into Auto mode

2017-07-04%2016-11-25.bin

Equipment:

Pixhawk PX4 Firmware Version V3.5.0-rc8

s500 Drone kit

Problem:

I have done many autonomous flights before with good success but today I went out to test a new extension arm I added (to get sensors out of the wake of the propellers) and it seems that the added weight is causing the drone to sink when put into auto mode. I offset the battery and the CG is level. Either that or it is doing a failsafe landing for some reason but I checked the log and there isn't any errors that I can see. I tried putting the drone in auto mode 5 different times and same problem each time. It flys fine in stabilize and GPS hold. I have also had MANY compass issues in the past, and still get some occasionally (Error compass variance, compass yaw spinning/drifting). Anyone experience this issue before?

2017-07-04 16-11-25.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey David,

I just ran into this on my DJI S900 frame with a Pixhawk 2.1 bundle with APM 3.4.x

I think you are running into a bug when the Pixhawk has a mission loaded with a takeoff command and the user starts the mission in the air. This causes the Pixhawk to dip in altitude (~1-2m) when switching into AUTO after a guided takeoff or manual takeoff.

The Pixhawk is just supposed to ignore the additional takeoff but causes that dip. I just removed the takeoff command and no more problems.

Best of luck!

Marshall

• Hi David,

Interesting topic.

May I suggest that you post in in >>

http://discuss.ardupilot.org/    (3.5)

Gerhard

This reply was deleted.

Activity