Hello,

I am building a sensor for vegetation survey,all together its 718 grams.I and looking for a fixed-wing (preferably) to carry it and the whole thing need to be under 2kg ( CASA regulation in australia to flight without spending a lot in licence ).

For now its just a prototype and i need to test my sensor with real condition.I am looking for a 10~15 min flight at a 50 m altitude (if things work fine i will be looking for a large drone that can fly for hours).In the 718 gram there is already a RTK-GPS that could be use also for navigation. 
Do you know if its possible to carry that much weight witouth being over 2kg ?

Vincent

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

I reckon one of these could do it https://www.hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-bix3-trainer-fpv-epo-15...

Learn to fly it or get somebody who can before adding the autopilot and sensor.

Or just send the sensor to me and I will fly it for you ;-)

• hi,Thanks

The struggle is because its research project ( i am doing that to get material for a phd) and in Australia,research are consider as commercial by the authority.That why i am looking to be under 2kg to not get any trouble by authority.Do you have any idea which direction i should look at ? I rather paying more for a ready to fly platform (if possible) as i am already spending my night on this project

Vincent

Yes very easily if its a traditionally build aircraft. Multirotors will struggle because they rely on power to defeat gravity. I'm sure a couple of off the shelf foamies would even do it. 

If you are not flying commercially for your trials you don't need to worry about the licence.

This reply was deleted.

Activity