Replies

• The part is a joke, the discussion is superfluous

• ...and as soon as these fixed-wing airframes become VTOL, the dedicated multirotor is going to be pushed into an increasingly smaller segment of the marketplace.

• True that... Though all different type of vehicles are suitable for different applications...

• *sigh* It's a losing semantic battle I guess, but there's a bunch of fixed wing foamies which, equipped with an autopilot and beefy off the shelf batteries, become drones capable of 1 hour+ flights, with heavier payloads and significantly lower cost.

• Sure I understand Andy. A lot of people seem sceptical. I'm hoping to enlighten this in the next weeks. Stay tuned...

• You'll have to excuse my skepticism after your guys' last project which looked suspiciously like a senseFLY ebee. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/745804289/smartplane/

SMARTPLANE- Customizable Drone Plane
    SMARTPLANE, UAV Aircraft with Application and Hardware Platform.
  • To anyone who's considering this: Please don't fall for this.

The NCR18650B batteries are NOT enough to get 1 hour battery life, I've tried! Especially not with 1.8kg of weight...

Alos, 22V is impossible to achieve exactly with the voltage level of the NCR18650B cells......

• @Luc, that's fantastic!!

@Johnatan, we've tried the GAs but it didn't make much difference in terms of flight time. Maybe because they are 2 grams heavier per cell and the capacity doesn't pay off or because of our configuration...

3800mAh sounds super interesting though! Any cell in 18650 size can be implemented w/o any change.
  • Any achievements with regard to flight time is welcome. However, why do not you use 18650GA (3500mah) instead of 18650B (3400mah). In addition, we would probably see a 3800mah 18650 battery early next year!

• Yes, you can change the gimbal in just 1 minute , or put anything else you want very quickly .

This reply was deleted.

Activity