dronepedia new user creation broken

Don't know where else to post this.

Dronepedia sounded like such a good idea.  Then I tried to create a user to fix some typos in an entry and could not get it past the capcha and of course there is nobody to contact.  Seems like a FEW people from this community entered stuff on it, but nothing for like a year?

Its up and recommended by this site.  Anybody doing or plan to do stuff there?

dhr

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Deadbeat admin here.

What happened was a combination of an overwhelmingly large amount of captcha-defeating spam, and efforts to fight it which took up increasingly large amounts of my time... right up until one extension broke Mediawiki for unregistered (and, I later found out, register-ing) users.  As I was the only person doing more than piecemeal contributions at the time, and I couldn't afford the time investment, I left it broken when I realized I couldn't even sort out the few one-edit posters from the thousands of spam accounts.

I've fixed the problem, and laid out a better spam solution.  In just the few minutes between doing these, one spambot got through, if that's any indication of the load.

I'll be editing more actively in the days to come, and I welcome any contributions.

This reply was deleted.

Activity