Hello!

I am working on this project, where i have learned how to control an AR drone, using a simple script language commands that i found in a robotics development tool. All i have to do, is open that robotics development software environment in my PC and execute a set of simple commands, such as up/ down /takeoff /forward etc... with each command having the amount of time to act indicated in milliseconds.

Now, my problem is that i discovered that the AR drone is not strong enough to handle the payload for my project. I understood that the DJI Phantom can handle 2-3 time more weight. But i also know that there are many other types of quads. 2-3 times more payload (350-700 grams) would be good enough for me.

What i care about is that it would be the easiest way - no kits, but already assembled, no sophisticated programming languages or electronics or stick control but a simple script language executed as a batch file from my PC desktop. 

My project includes flying in a limited closed space, with no obstacles around, so i am really not interested in learning how to fly the drone to great altitudes or distances or how to get to be a more sophisticated or advanced quadcopter flyer, I am very project task oriented here.

What would be the best quadcopter choice for such needs?

Is there any way that i can control the DJI Phantom or other assembled quads with about the same payload, to easily make such simple moves executed as a batch of simple script commands via a PC?

Thanks a lot!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

Check out NVdrones if you're still trying to pursue the project. High-level development on any standard flight controller (including DJI and 3DR) so that you can be flexible in what frame/controller you use but still have the same development experience/functionality for all of them. PM me if you're interested.

• Developer

DJI is often compared to Apple. Meaning they are making their systems as proprietary as they can get away with, and have no interest in allowing 3rd party control or device integration. They don't even publish tools or details about logging formats to allow users to diagnose problems themselves.

• The aerosky P12 is a pretty good buy.. It'll easily fly that much weight...Get a crab gear for it and off you go.. I just made 4 legs out of plastic coat hanger to prop it up for my gimbal and gopro...Going to get the crab gear for mine though.. 

You can get it ARF or RTF with the APM2.5 all put together.. GPS and everything..

John

• I know the Phantom will fly with 500 grams of weight with no problem...it will get light with 1000 grams but doesn't want to fly.  Don't make a hot approach with 500 or it may fall through.

• Hello,

Iam looking for the same kind of quadcopter. A ready to flight kit of the same size of ar drone parrot and with software to control it through pc.Please inform me if you have found anything suitable.

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity