Bryan Cuervo started a blog about his modded easy glider, and I loved the design and began to tinker with my own. Unfortunately his lost his in a fire, so hopefully i can start where he left off, as far as how efficient this airframe could really be. Any contenders on efficiency and/or duration (electric only please) please post your results!!

IMG_2223.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• my two 2200mah hobbyking batteries weigh 410g with a parallel connector installed. I have an old thunderpower 7800mah 11.1v pack that weighs 455g. just goes to show there are much lighter battery configurations that could drastically improve duration without much of a weight penalty.

• just got done flying it with a 1 lb lead weight installed (56.22 oz total weight). i flew for 35 mins, using 1560mah. consequently its drawing on average 2.675 amps with the extra weight. this seems promising considering a full fpv setup should come in under half a pound.

im really not sure what cruising speed is, but its quicker with the extra weight. im guessing 25-30 mph.

•  i have a flying weight of 40.22 ounces (painted) with a 3s 4400mah battery. i do not have any fpv gear in at this time, so i can due some duration testing and get a ballpark of my effective radius. due to my airplane coming in exactly the same weight as bryan's, i can safely assume my cruise/stall speeds are identical. im using a 840kv eflite park 450 motor with a 10x7 apc-e prop. i flew today for 80 mins consecutive, and put 2950mah back into the pack. therefore, im using 2.3 amps to maintain level flight. i used the vtail mixing in the radio, and have ail-rudder mix on, and greatly improved the handling of the airplane. so far, so good on everything...

heres a link to bryans blog on this build: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/mega-easy-glider-mod-for?xg_sou...

IMG_2227.JPG

This reply was deleted.

Activity