Hi guys

I'm designing a POD that can carry the Ardupilot, Ardushield V2, either (FMA sensors or IMU board), GPS module (EM406 or u-Blox 5h) and FPV servos, camera, transmitter.

I need to ask what complications I will have of having everything so close? will the IMU be affected if I have 2 servos close by around 1", or TX close by around 1" too.?

Here are some pics of my mock-up, the static tubes will be relocated and I will use my old style pan/tilt camera mount.

Here are some pictures, would the GPS Reception will be affected if I placed the module under the foam?

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• almost nothing, on a pod like that the difference is no more than 10 grams.
  • I hope bending the silicone tubing wont be a problem, if not I will have to relocate the main board to the back facing foward .
  • Ok here are new pictures of the new designs for the active and static tubes, I sold my FMA sensor and ordered the IMU board, so I will still need to improve the design once the IMU board gets here "it was shipped today" :D

I'm using 1/8" MDF , to my surprise this MDF is so strong that even if it gets wet it wont break, you need to soak this MDF for 2-3 days to be able to bended. This material is the one I use for all my pods because it cuts much better and with better precision than 1/8" plywood.

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

• Carlos,

that's very nice !

Btw I'm not sure your pressure tubes are positioned right. The top one is for airspeed (right) the bottom one is for static pressure (wrong). Would it not be better to place it inside the fuselage ? This way you don't have differential readings.

Best regards,

Ric

P.s.: there are gyos that are affected by close 900MHz transmitter aerial, f.e. LISY300AL. Not the Invensense instead.
  • want...

my uBlox runs under the foam canopy.....it will be fine.
  • Is that some kind of plastic on the bottom of your E*? Looks like a great setup though
  • 3D Robotics
    NICE!! I don't think you'll have any problems with interference.
This reply was deleted.

Activity