Easy star upgrades odds and ends

So in my mission to build a drone I got a few of the needed items and trying to get things hooked up and such but I have a few questions. First here is the hardware I got for now...

Multiplex Easystar
Turnigy 2200 inrunner
Rhino 2350 Lipo
HobbyKing 25-30A ESC
Prop

Q1. I see that people have to metal pieces that they use to sandwich the prop in the middle of and mount onto the motor. Where do I get those parts and what one would I need to get? My prop is a 6x4E I believe its called.

Q2.The motor has those male plugs already attached to the ends of the wires. The female connectors came with my ESC but these things are pretty heavy duty and aren't some kind of cheap crimp on. I see how they attach to the male counterpart but I don't know how to fix the ESC wires to them. Are they supposed to be soldered in?

Q3.Im thinking it would be best if I used Deans plugs for the battery and for the ESC (+ -) wires that goto the battery. On the battery it has some pretty thick cables what type/size Deans plug should I use?

Q4. What is the best way to mount an inrunner if I don't want to glue the motor itself to the foam but have it still be stable?

Thank you all for any help you could lend. If any of you are aware of any install guides or anything that would answer these questions that would also be great. Thanks again

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Q4: As Doug has said there are plenty of threads on Easystar construction on RCGroups, possibly too many - How you feel about mounting the motor probably depends on how you have fixed the two halves of the body together. I've successfully used small pieces of double sided adhesive tape for both purposes - for the motor these are aligned to where the foam moulding has 'lumps' which touch the motor.
  • Developer
    1 - it is called a prop mount or shaft adapter. Look for one designed to fit the shaft size of your motor. For example - http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=5667
    Note that I just picked a random example, not necessarily one that will fit your motor.

2. Yes, solder them on.

3. Deans Ultra Plug (or a chinese knockoff)

4. Well I definitely wouldn't glue it to the foam. I don't have an EasyStar with an inrunner, so haven't looked at the mounting options, but I'm sure if you go read the EasyStar thread in RCGroups you will find a lot of ways people have done it.
This reply was deleted.

Activity