EM406 + ArduShield + ArduIMU V2+, NO GPS LOCK UP

I uploaded Ardupilot_2_6 to my ardupilot wich has ArduShield and ArduIMU board, but I can get the GPS LED to lock in,

The BLUE LEDs on the Ardupilot, Ardushield keeps blinking, the IMU board only has the GREEN LED Steady and the YELLOW LED Steady, nothing else happens.

I have read about changing the GPS to protocol 2, but I'm new at this where do I change this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• im having the same problem. the em406 module is blinking but the arduimu only has the green and yellow light on & the ardupilot board has a blinking blue light. the shield has no lighs on. Can anyone help??

• 1. Read the manual.

2. Is the tiny red LED on the EM406 off, very dimly on (look closely in dim light), brightly on, or blinking 1x per second?
  • Open the arduimu pde code in Adruino, click the arduimu tab, go down few lines you will get (in #define GPS_PROTOCOL 1, change 1 to 2):

// This section contains USER PARAMETERS !!!
    //
    //************************************************************

// *** NOTE! Hardware version - Can be used for v1 (daughterboards) or v2 (flat)
    #define BOARD_VERSION 2 // 1 For V1 and 2 for V2

// Ublox gps is recommended!
    #define GPS_PROTOCOL 1 // 1 - Ublox, 2 - EM406, 3 - NMEA We have only tested with Ublox
  • Also be aware that the current IMU code won't work out of the box with the EM406. Try using the IMU code from this post.
  • 3D Robotics
    it's all in the manual, here.

You'll have to change a lot of other things in the config file before you can fly. Please read the whole manual and really follow the instructions closely or you'll find this a very frustrating experience.
This reply was deleted.

Activity