Emax esc failure

Hi All, I am a newbie trying to build a hex s550 kit from HK, it came with Emax 30a BLheli opto's and I am having nothing but trouble with the calibration, at varying stages I had most of them running in synch - but never all 6! 1 just wouldn't run smoothly - motor stutter and heating up quickly. I gave up on that one after multiple attempts to calibrate and ordered an identical replacement, since installing that one - 2 others appear to have failed in a slightly different fashion,, they wont calibrate at all in any method - all at once or direct to the RX - but when the throttle is in the middle they think they are in an RC car - forward and backward mode, I have tried to reset to factory by connecting twice in the throttle up position, dropping the throttle quickly then back up again (a method that works for the 4 I have working) but no response.

Am I wasting my time with these esc's? I have ordered 6 Afro 30a SimonK esc's but while I wait for their arrival is there anything I can try with the Emax ones? I have of course de-soldered and moved them around the board but the problem follows the esc!

Thanks in advance for just taking time to read this post

Emax 2216 - 810kv motors

APM 2.6

3DR power module

Tgy i10 TX 

I couldn't find any posts that came close to my issue, but apologies if one does exist, 

Cheers

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity