ESC #1 hot, motor won't turn, all 5 others work fine

Hi, I'm new to the forum and thanks for having me!

So I just completed assembling a Tarot FY680 Pro with Turnigy Plush 30a ESCs and Multistar Elite 4006 740kv motors.  I'm using the Pixhawk system for the first time, all other quads and hexas have been run under the Naza flight control system.  After flashing, compass calibration, etc I did an initial motor test and motors 1-4 worked while 5 and 6 did not and I quickly realized the firmware update didn't take.  I reloaded the firmware all 6 motors are now armed however motor 1 does not spin anymore and the ESC gets very hot.  The motor itself spins manually so there is nothing physically resisting it from turning.  None of the other ESCs get hot so I'm wondering if this is a faulty ESC or could it possibly be a wiring issue?  I'm leaning toward bad ESC since it did initially work and now it does not and over heats.  Any suggestions out there?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello, EdK hr and I've had the same problem with my many 450 helies.  Sounds like the ESC is the problem.  If possible, change out with another and see if the change out ESC makes the motor run, then you know.

I've been having all kinds of set up problems on an C17 that I purchased new and the support leaves much to be desired!  U mentioned you have the Naza flight system and I've heard much good about the ease of set up and working. I'm learning toward that direction from the APM 2.5 +  To many problem for a hobby flyer.

Best of Luck and hope info helps.

Best Regards

EdK

This reply was deleted.

Activity