ESC problem!

Hi all,
I have one problem with my arducopter that i was not able to solve (after 2 days of testing), and that is ESC erratic behaviour.
First when I apply the power, all motors start turning, and as I advance throttle one motor (rear) starts to glitch. After 2 tries I managed to get it in the air, but for 10 seconds, and the motor suddenly stopped working. 
Then I went to this forum, and found out that some connectors were soldered improperly, and rechecked and resoldered all connectors "thick". 
After that I had a solid 1 minute flight, and as soon as I thought that I have solved the problem, the motor started to glitch again. But this time more often. Like 8 out of 10 times it wouldn't start at all...
When I switched the ESC (front to rear) then front motor stopped working, so that eliminated power distribution board and motor problems.
The problem was in ESC. It did go a little warmer than the others (but it was the one that powered APM). 
 When I connected the motor outputs to oscilloscope i noticed that when i apply throttle that it does not produce standard output, but that it additionally produces off the scale peaks. I checked the others and they have nice constant output.
Anyone had this problem?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a dud ESC in mine - the BEC portion worked, but it did not detect the receiver - replaced it and all works well - I dont think these ESCs are the greatest quality, so a few seem to be DOA or faulty.

- Could also be bad solders- the motor solders are terrible and should be redone - I just redid mine today after the glitching problem. Not sure if solders on the ESC would cause your symptoms.

• I will ask an uninformed question.  Have you individually calibrated the ESC's using just your transmitter, receiver, esc and motor?  I have experienced similar problems when I thought that I had them correctly calibrated when they weren't.  If you have already done so, then I will defer to those with more experience here.  I hope you get it up and flying soon.

This reply was deleted.

Activity