Failed to get Firmware List on APM Mission Planner

When I try to upload the HIL firmware for the arducopter quad(or any other firmware through mission planner), I receive this error:

Failed to get Firmware List: the 'meta' start tag on line 5 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 6, position 7

I have tried various versions of Mission Planner, but I always receive the same error.

I have an APM1, and my operating system is Windows XP. I have .net Framework 4 installed

The arducopter firmware can be uploaded through the relaxpatch of arduino without errors.

Is there a way to upload the simulation firmware through arduino directly instead of relying on the mission planner?

What could be causing this error?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To change the configuration for HIL mode for arducopter so that I don't have to rely on the APM Mission Planner, I changed APM_config.h to:

#define HIL_MODE                  HIL_MODE_ATTITUDE

as shown in the wiki at http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/Xplane .

It compiles fine, but I want to make sure this will correctly invoke the HIL mode for arducopter. Is this all I need to change to upload the simulation firmware?

Thanks for your help!

I've noticed that code.google.com is flaking out today, I can load the downloads page, but and the base page, but the wiki page generates a 500 error more often than it is responding, for me, over the last hour.

* you can upload the simulation firmware. You just need to set the configuration file for HiL mode, compile and upload

However, I suspect the server may be having problems, I'd wait an hour or two and try again, before investigating further. 

Google Code
This reply was deleted.

Activity