Failsafe Problems with Spektrum DX8 and AR8000

I just had a completely lousy crash yesterday in the middle of a very successful flight... My setup has an externally powered 1W Xbee Xtend, so the range on the GCS is farther than the Spektrum DX8/AR8000 combo. While coming around to my last waypoints, all of a sudden the TX>>RX link must have dropped (but the Xtend was showing everything fine) and the plane kept switching between AUTO and Manual. It did so all the way down during its death spiral into a swamp.

Question is... I've set Throttle Failsafe enabled to 950, set short FS to 1, set long FS to 1. During bench testing while shutting off the TX, it still switches to manual. Am I missing something in the configurations? I really would like to disable the failsafe altogether since my Xtend works great. But at the very minimum, shut down the short FS and enable long FS to RTL (not manual!).

(I'm also running the latest code from SVN trunk.)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

In my setup, there are two different failsafes - one on the APM, which I have not yet employed - and a failsafe on the tx/rx. I use futaba, and have my channel 5 failsafe setup to go to RTL mode. I wonder if the failsafe "setting" is coming from your receiver rather than the APM, and maybe you have a value for manual in your modes? I don't know Spektrum, but I suspect if you check the manual it has failsafe settings for each channel too, and if you change ch5 to something specific, you'll see different mode changes on tx power off. I hope that helps!

This reply was deleted.

Activity