First build and starting with a Tarot 680

Please let me know if this goes into another forum area. 

So first build ever for a UAV. I have a background in aviation electronics, and am a former helicopter pilot so I get the basics. (Or so I though until I started reading all I can on building this hexcopter!) So far I am just waiting on the US Postal Service to start delivering boxes. Most everything is coming from Hobbyking.

I gravitated towards the Tarot 680 because I do a lot of photography and documentation of the ghost towns and open desert around Nevada. The ship seemed like a great platform to do aerial filming. So I have decided to go with Pixhawk for the controller and Taranis for the transmitter/receiver setup. Looking at motors and props I am going with the Quanum Mt series 630KV and 1355 carbon props. I chose Turnigy 40A ESC V2 opto for the ESC. Thinking on the Turnigy 5000mah 4S 35C for the battery. Much of the rest I am still sorting out on the shopping list. 

So any way, I am always open to feedback and suggestions. 

Nick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Quiet group or is this forum dead?

• Difficult for people to tell, all depends what u want to do with your drone...

Apart that you have already choosen all your components. You may google around to see what the web has to say about what you have choosen....

Anyway, hope you will enjoy the hobby

• Thanks Paul. I wasn't sure. I see so many forums that just go dormant. I have spent too many hours on Google and Youtube and received a lot of info. I was just hoping to engage in some feedback related conversations related to the combination pf parts and pieces, and any nuances of the Pixhawk that may be helpful. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity