Flashing the bootloader?

Is this possible to do on the Arduino Pilot Mega? Mine suffered an accident while programming it and i get Out of Sync and other errors now. If it is, which are the pins?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I never was able to burn the bootloader on a atmega using the Arduino IDE. So i used AVR studio and found the bootloader hex file in the arduino folder and uploaded that and it worked fine on a atmega. You have to set the fuses yourself using AVR studio.
  • I too am having problems with the bootloader. My problem is that my APM came from Sparkfun with out the bootloader loaded. I have reloaded it with my AVR Dragon in AVR Studio sucessfully as well as the Arduino ISP. My problem is, that the correct lock bits are not being set and overwriting the bootloader with each upload of a sketch. As a result I have to reload the bootloader before uploading a new sketch. My question is: What is the fix, and what is the correct lock bit setting for the APM?
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • 3D Robotics
    You use the Atmega1280 SPI port. You need an AVR programmer (we use the AVRISP II).

This reply was deleted.

Activity