Flying 2.12

Just loaded 2.12 - yaw probs seem better. I ended up with sonar PID of .5  .01  .2    rather than default .8 .01 .05    for my standard AC frame and now it is fairly stable in sonar altitude hold, but I think I still need to tweak a bit. Hope to run amission soon.

Thanks again Jason and crew for the hard work.  I bought a Draganflyer in 2004 thinking it should be 'easy' to add sonar and gps, but soon realized it takes people a lot smarter than me to do it right - this software is beyond anything I could have done.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Are you planning on using DraganFlyer airframe with APM?

The current DF's have great motors and props, very efficient, quiet and expensive!

In 2004 they were one of the first Quad manufactures.

I ordered a $15 HK frame to crash test. Wish I could afford a DF-6 frame & power plant.

Jason has your lost Quad showed up yet??

• Hey there John, with hands off roll and pitch stick, do you get a nice solid hover, or do you need to deflect it to stay in one place?
  • Developer

Cool, 

I'm getting a stock AC frame for the first time Friday so I'll tune those PIDs. With that high of a KD value, just look to see you can change altitude OK. Holding alt will be unaffected, but going up and down might be difficult or bouncy.  Let me know how you fare.

Jason

This reply was deleted.

Activity