Flying 2.16

SWEET!  My stock AC frame now seems very stable and yaw problem seems fixed.  This revision really seems noticably more stable.

The only thing I am still fighting is sonar (sensor xl-maxsonar EZ4) pid. With the defaults (.5 .1 .06) unit begins to slowly oscillate up and down +- 3 feet.  I changed  d from .06 to .15 and now unit generally maintains height but varies about a foot. I had it at 3 foot for a couple of minutes and then it dropped to the ground for no good reason one time, but usually stays fairly close to set altitude. I can't do inflight tuning - am I on the right track? any tips on what I should tweak the most?  I am also puzzled about the ch7 switch - should I always leave it on, or just for a second when I enter alt hold, or what?

I was always amazed at how accurate the old Ardupirate code was on this frame - I have seen it adjust 3" to go over a tennis ball!  It is quite a rush to fly over rolling ground at 2 ft high - I really hope it will be possible to do altitude hold while in simple mode for wild videos

Anyway, Great Work!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Try 2.0.17. Got some good logs to diagnose the PID tunning issues.

This reply was deleted.

Activity