Getting Pixhawk to work with Emax

It's not a new thing that people can't get the pixhawk to work with emax escs.

If someone has any solution to this problem, please post it here.

If there are no solutions, then could it be possible to make a firmware change to allow stuff people have bought to work?

(Pixhawk won't calibrate the Emax escs on boot)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• no problems so far... everything seems normal.

• And you are flying in a regular basis? I'm asking this because i'm building a hexacopter for maping and the last thing i want to see is it falling from the sky for some sync trouble or anything like that.

• To solve this issue with pixhawk and EMAX 30a (only ones I have tried...)

Remove the two resistors marked in the next picture and that will be it!!

enjoy!!3702056414?profile=original

• Hello Aldo!

Could You please tell me which two I should remove to work these emax 20a esc-s with Pixhawk? I attached the photo. Thank You in advance!

Happy Flying :) 3702620114?profile=original

• Hey,

I think the components to be removed are a 512 resistor and a capacitor, placed together on the board. You can verify this by checking the pictures posted so far. So I believe your best bet is to remove the two components I have marked in the attachment. But still, I'm not a 100% sure. This guess worked for me on 40A ESCs, so if I were you I would go ahead and try it.

Good Luck!

20160223_184002.jpg

• YES! I tought the same compared the pictures I have found in this case, and it works. At least I can calibrate my esc-c, but I have some pre arm chech fail, so I did not tried when it is armed, I hope there would not have any problem. Thank for your help, good to know I am not alone with these issues :) Happy flying to everyone :)

• Unfortunatelly after the esc calibration when I tried to spin the motors they work well, but however in normal mode, when I pushed the safety swich to disarm, the esc-s went to programing mode so I tried to recalibrate the esc-s but with no luck. Everything going well till I have to pull down the transmitter throttle stick, because when I hear the woice and pull it down, nothing happens, The esc-s do not get the signal, to confirm min throttle limit. I tried everything now, so I almost give it up, when one of my esc stopped to spin the motors even directly to the recever. It had tired, so I am. I order a hobbybing quattro....With these sad endings I am not disappointed to much, because I learn a lot, and I appriciate the helps from you guys, sometimes thing did not want to work not a big deal ;) Happy flying :)

• send an email to EMAX support, they will quickly tell you exactly which ones to remove... every ESC is layout different, I dont have your ESC :S sorry!

• I actually emailed EMAX support and asked them about this like a month ago, they haven't replied to my email yet!

• Emax BLHeli 20A parts:

3702603974?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity