GPS data from APM and MTK3329

Hi, I have a MTK 3329 connected to a Ardupilot Mega.  The system had been working fine.

Recently, I moved the setup over to another airframe and now I do not appear to be able to read any GPS data at all.  

I have tried the GPS test in  the Ardupilot Planner and instead of getting lat/long data as described in the manual, I get a series of "G!G!G!G!.G!G!G!G!"  In HK GCS its showing that although it has no satelites locked, it has full 3D GPS.  All other functions appear to be working normally in the GCS except for the GPS data.

I have tried reflashing the firmware with v1.6 and was able to do so without any problems (green doughnut).

The GPS itself appears to be working normally - flashes for a few minutes before the light glows steady.

Is there anything else I can try to fix it or do I have a faulty GPS unit or APM?

Thank you.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Chris, yep, quadruple checked that the leads were plugged into the board and not the shield.  Also tried pressing the reset button after the GPS light stayed solid...  all to no avail.

Getting quite desperate and will try anything!  thanks!

• 3D Robotics
    Are you sure the GPS is plugged into the right port?
This reply was deleted.

Activity