GPS Position wrong about 100 meters

Hey @ all,

this is my first post after joining this forum. So far i just have been reading and before i post my question i'd like to thank the forum for the help provided so far! :)

But now on to my issue with my APM 2.5 and the MediaTek MT3329 10Hz V2:

All worked fine in the startup procedure, even if it took 15 mins to get the 3D fix for the first time.

But the 3D fix always shows me a wrong position. i tried several times and 3D fixes happened to be faster now but they never happen to be in my real position. They happen to be spread on a circle of 100 meters around my house.

What can i do to get more precise position from my GPS?

I'm planning to do some ArduPlane missions following mountain ledges and ArduRover missions following forest roads and i don't want my equipment to end up shattered in high rocks or sunk in some ponds, so please help a noob. :)

Thanx, Ivo

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• First question is: Are you inside or outside during your tests?

If outside, are you surrounded by trees/houses? (how much of the sky can your gps see?)

How many Satellites is it picking up?

What is the gpshdop value at its lowest (monitored via mission planner) point in your tests?

• Admin

@Ivo,

Have you updated your Ardupilot libraries to the latest libraries? I had the same problem with the V2.0 until I updated to the latest Ardupilot libraries. That might help.

Regards,

TCIII

This reply was deleted.

Activity