I have been trying to configure an automated flight plan using Mission Planner and our drone is a 3DR Y6 with APM 2.6.

Using Mission Planner I have programmed an automated flight with several waypoints and the drone is doing it successfully. I'm interested on taking pictures to form a mosaic with the photos, so I installed CHDK in a Canon SX260 and configured it for  automatic shutter using this guide (http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-apm-to-chdk-camera-link-tutorial/) which allows the camera to be controlled from the APM to take a picture any time the GPS sensor detects the copter has moved X meters and it is working using a script in the camera to detect a signal applied to the camera in the USB port.
This method requires to configure:
  • CAM_DURATION: 1
  • CAM_TRIGG_DIST: X (meters)
  • CAM_TRIGG_TYPE: 1
  • RELAY_PIN: 13
However, I want to use the Flight Plan DO_DIGICAM_CONTROL for taking images on determined GPS locations on Mission Planner. After using Flight Plan with a polygon and 'AutoWP -> Survey (Grid)' it is possible to configure exactly how many pictures we want and the interface seems pretty simple to use. In 'Camera Config' I select 'DO_DIGICAM_CONTROL'  but when I fly the drone it takes pictures using the distance configuration shown before. If the test is performed using CAM_TRIGG_DIST=0 the drone does not take any picture in this case.
The camera control is successful since we are able to take pictures using CAM_TRIGG_DIST and in Mission Planner "Trigger Camera NOW" the camera is properly triggered every time. What is the parameter configuration required to use DO_DIGICAM_CONTROL in order to have priority over the distance-controlled shutter?
Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Those of us who bought a step up circuit board from sparkfun that relies on stepping up the PWM signal from the Pixhawk without the extra 5 volt supply have failed. That's why we had to make our own. If you find someone who is selling them we would all like to know about it.
                  • Ok, it seems that I'll have to build my own too. I was planning to buy the sparkfun board but now you have saved me from some headaches with that board.

Thanks.

• The Beta version of 3.2 is available and is fairly stable. I'm using it in my hexacopter with a Pixhawk. There are a few constraints using it on APM, the 3.2 Beta thread lists them. Waypoints with Lat=0 and Lon=0 now work correctly in 3.2 and I'm pretty sure you still need them after any "DO" commands.

At the end of this page (http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-camera-shutter-with-servo/) on the APM/Copter WIKI is the comment "Please note that like all other DO_x commands it cannot appear right at the beginning or end of a mission, it must be appear between two waypoints.".

I don't think it's a simple bug, I think the software architecture is designed that way, unfortunately. 

It is time consuming I agree. I do spherical panoramas from my hex and it requires over 200 commands just to do a 40 image pano covering a 4 by 10 mosaic. Randy just fixed the Condition-Yaw Relative command so I'll be able to reduce that to about 20 commands by using the Do-Jump command to repeat the column commands 10 times.

I just played around with the Grid Survey feature and it seems like you could start out with that, then insert the 3 commands necessary to capture a specific image where ever you want a specific photo (a Waypoint with at least 1 second delay and zero for Lat, Lon, and Alt, then a DO_DIGICAM_CONTROL, and another Waypoint with at least 1 second delay and zero for Lat, Lon, and Alt).

If the mission has lots of commands, you can use Excel to edit them in text mode.

This reply was deleted.

Activity