Replies

Hi ,

this is my old test doing with my professional verison of Hexafox

Max I saw your code , but i don't found the matrixtable developed in ArducopterNg , Why ? That was very flexible and you can develop any kind of configuration. Quad , Quadx , Hexa , Okto. I saw that the pirates instead use it inside the code i think that i's better to reimplement it.

Best
    Roberto

• Thanks Max. That is close, I need all the CW on top. Is it just a matter of how the ESC's are connected?
  • Theoretically the lower prop should have a higher pitch than the upper prop. With the correct setup there is no loss. All full-size coaxials use this approach. Obviously they have to as they are on the same shaft. IMHO it is better to have all at the same rpm and use the correct pitch on the lower prop for the highest efficiency.
  • Thanks. Is it possible to make all the top props CW and all the bottom CCW? The reason is there are limited CW (pusher) props but lots of CCW prop choices. This will give more options for tuning the lower prop pitch.

Thanks.
  • Developer

3692185847?profile=original

3692185769?profile=original

FRONT (L/R) TOP CCW, BACK TOP is CW.

Here is a frame setup, (CW have pusher props) bottom props need to be facing up, ( same way as it was on top motor, 'text' up you got it :)

Here is my last Blog Post on Y6

I just did some test flights, 

first thing i did is try to flip it some how in "stable mode", it stays in the air :))) rock solid :)

also i don't see any difference in flight time compare to tri or quad, my test frames are about same weight ~ 1.2 kg.

I used 3S 5000mah on this test flight, it was a bit lazy... but a small tuning to PIDs can fix that, or 4S lipo :)

There is a YAW tuning that need to be done, it depends on you motors and props setup, but we will try to set some default, so you can tune it from there;

Here is the thing :)

The BOTTOM motors need to run faster or have higher pitch on props... since it easier to run motors at different speed than trying to find exact pitch for props, so we need a creative way to tune that speed difference.

ACM code is set to 5% cut on top motors, but it adds some Pitch when Yawing :(

So if you have some ready to fly frame, give as your feedback :)))  

rev 1792 is should be safe to try :) but again I'm not responsible :)

• Thanks, keep us posted. How are the prop rotaions set up? Due to my prop selection I need all top props CW and the bottom CCW. Is that ok?
  • Developer
    The Code is up :) in ArduCopterMega trunk. (just select 'frame y6' in CLI 'setup'
    I'm doing first tests, If you have frame ready to fly you can try but be aware it is an alpha stage :)))
  • Interested in this question too..
    Still planning on building a Y6 this summer...
This reply was deleted.

Activity