Having issues with 3Dr Iris Plus and cannot get support

Hello all,

I just joined this group to gain some knowledge and possibly get some help with an Iris + I bought back in February an have only flown once.  I cannot get any support from 3DR.  When I first tried flying it this spring it wold not fly and after getting 3DR to pay me some attention they determined I had a bad controller. They sent me a new one with no instructions on what to do but after asking I got some help there.  I got to fly it once and now that I have more time to fly it I made sure my batteries were charged, and went out to fly it.  I am doing everything right but the props will not spin when I take the left joystick and down to the right hand corner.  Of course 3DR has not gotten back to my ticket or call I have placed.  I will likely never buy anything from them again.

I was hoping I could get someones advise as to what may be happening.  I am a rookie and have tried every trouble shooting option on their  website but still  cannot figure it out. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am in Ohio as well. I have heard similar issues with 3DR. Especially lack of support.

A friend bought a 3DR system. Note I was flying R/C planes 40+ years ago, so to me the new R/C craft are not as well constructed.

His 3DR system had issues in the receiver itself. Was working similar to yours. I built a better antenna for it and it has worked well ever since. I am not saying this is the issue with your unit, who knows what it could be, they are not well made.
This reply was deleted.

Activity