I am having some problems getting loiter working well on my quad.  I used to have this same problem, then took parts off of the quad for another project.  Just got it up and running again and still the same problem.

As soon as I hit loiter, the copter reliably pitches forward hard and then goes in random directions.  It doesn't seem to "toilet-bowl", but definitely doesn't seem to have any intention to stay put.  I've had it working with the same board and electronics on a tricopter and loiter was rock solid.  I'll attach a log of the problem occurring.  Three times, I switched in to loiter from alt-hold and every time was the same reaction from the copter.

Please help me out with some ideas of what to check so I can get this figured out.

2014-05-09 22-11-12.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Solved this.  Compass orientation was wrong, I changed it to yaw 180 and loiter is working fine.

• Hi,

i had the same problem but another solution.

With my APM 2.5 and an Ublox-6M GPS with built in compass.

It was toilet bowling although the orientation direction was correct.

After disassamble the case of the gps it was clear to me. The compass of this module

is mounted on the bottom "over head". So I changed the compass orientation to: "Rotation_Roll_180" and

make a new live calibration. After that it works fine! Loiter radius below 1 meter at windy conditions.

Regards,

J.D.

This reply was deleted.

Activity