Desperately need help regarding a APM connection issue.
Last fall I put away the quad for the winter, no time to fly while going to college.
At the time, I was over parameters for compassmot and needed to buy an external mag.
Now that it's spring, I dusted off the quad and tried to pick up where I left off.
I carefully cut the trace on the APM (3) board to disable the internal mag so I could hookup the
new external mag. I also upgraded the MP to the latest version.
Unfortunately, the APM will not connect to my new laptop (Windows 8). When I hook up the USB,
The APM lights initially rapidly flash blue and red, then it will flash the red light in a double-flash
When I try to connect to MP, it will time out and I get the "No Heartbeat Packets Recieved" message.
Here is what I've tried with no joy:
1. I tried to go back one version of MP to 1.2.99
2. Went back to last working version which (I think) was 1.2.79
3. Attempted to connect with and without the battery connected
4. Attempted to connect with and without the Radio reciever hooked up
5. Tried multiple USB cables
6. Tried all my USB ports
7. Made sure I have the lasted drivers (I think this was done correctly)
8. Tried it with and without the new external mag connected
9. Made sure the baud rate of 115200 was selected
10. Bashed my head on the desk repeatedly
11. Cried myself to sleep ;)
What am I missing here? It connected fine when I left it, but now nothing.
Could it be related to the MP update, drivers or trace cut, or all three?
Thank you in advance for your help- this forum is such a wealth of information, especially in a pinch!