Help Power MinimOSD via Fatshark Tx

So I know there is a lot of info out there on getting the MinimOSD to work, as I have sifted through most of it and am still not getting any video transmission.Here's my setup and situation.I have a GoPro2 hooked up to my MinimOSD (version 1.1) with a 250Mw Fatshark Tx. My connection on the OSD for video is as such, video & ground (as alleviating the 5V lead has fixed problem for others) into OSD correctly from GoPr, then going to Tx is ground, 5V, and video. I know the typical setup is 12V connection from Tx to the OSD, but my Fatshark Tx outputs 5V. From what I have read, it doesn't seem that would be a problem, but I'm no expert.I have tried every combination of connections & still nothing. I have reconnected the 5V lead on the GoPro/OSD connection, tried removing the Tx 5V lead, I even switched in 12V from another battery to the Tx/OSD connection, nothing.I have the latest Arducopter setup installed on my APM 2.5, with the latest MinimOSD firmware & charset uploaded. I don't believe my MinimOSD is fried, but how do I know? Also, I don't have the two set of leads solder soldered together to unite the digital & analog. I did at one point, but have since cut them because still no video and the standard seems to power the two parts of MinimOSD separately.I feel like I am powering up correctly, resetting seems to take, but sometimes the ST led does nothing.Will 5V power the second half of the MinimOSD or must it be 12V?It looks like there is an A PWR led, but I have never seen it light up?Are there two power LEDs?Thanks for any tips or suggestions, checkout the pics for some details.

image.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity